New York Audio & AV Show 2012
"...this system kicked all manner of ass. The sound was delicate and finessed. ...the sound went deep, played cleanly, and had tremendous extension. When the music called for grace, there was grace. When the music called for balls, well, yeah. Uh huh... The imaging was freaky-precise, with spectacular depth and width. What a sound stage! ...the Berning gear was stunning. I couldn't stop ogling. ... My favorite system of the show by far. This one blew me away."
- New York Audio & AV Show 2012
"...A new deck for most people (myself included) was the Holborne, a minimalist Swiss-made Pd.5,275 Analog 2 turntable with matching $3,475 turntable and a made-for-Holborne Benz-derived moving coil cartridge for just under $2k. Driven by a belt made of magnetic tape, the deck was sounding intriguing in a Berning pre/power (with the new 60w mono versions of the ZH-230), driving a pair of prototype versions of the Zellaton Concert, using Tellurium Q cables once again. The room...had distinct touches of greatness about it. As in, this was warming up to be one of the best sounds I've heard at a show. Perhaps any show."
- ZH-230 reviewed by Dick Olsher in The Absolute Sound (TAS210) »
- ZH-230 dual 30-watt tube amplifier based on ZOTL Technology.
- Pre One tube preamplifier with ZOTL Technology.
- Quadrature Z wins Hi-Fi+'s "Power Amplifier of the Year 2009".
- Introduction of Quadrature Z 200-watt ZOTL monoblock Power Amplifier
- New website
© 1974-2017 The David Berning Company